This soup is so simple to make and great for when you need a last minute dinner idea! Butternut Squash, Leek, and Radish Soup Recipe 3 leeks (washed, peeled, cut) 1/2 of a butternut squash ( or you can use 1 bag of frozen […]
Anybody that knows me, knows I LOVE cinnamon! I put that sh*t on everythanggg. But for real. I do haha. Cinnamon has some great health benefits too and is a great option for pre-diabetics and diabetics. Some health benefits of cinnamon are:
- Cinnamon is a very strong antioxidant. It is even considered a “superfood” and is in the same healing realm of garlic and oregano.
- Helps balance blood sugar by reducing insulin resistance and helping insulin do its thing. This is especially great for people with diabetes. Sprinkle some cinnamon in your coffee, tea, on top of peanut butter toast, whatever tickles your fancy. Its better than white sugar and you’ll be able to reap all the health benefits while still enjoying your relish treats.
- Cinnamon is a great anti-inflammatory helping to fight against disease and skin issues.
- Helps our brain, yo. Seriously, cinnamon helps prevent a protein called Tau which is a protein that builds up in a brain with people who suffer from Parkinson’s and Alzheimers disease.
- Cinnamon can protect our hearts <3 Cinnamon helps reduce triglyceride and LDL cholesterol levels.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe 1 cup of oats (grounded in a blender) 1 tsp of baking soda 1 tsp of baking powder 1 tsp of sea salt 1 tsp of cinnamon 1/4 cup of Organic Vegetable shortening 2/4 cup of applesauce (equals 2 eggs) […]
Vegan Mac n’ Cheese Recipe
3/4 of a sweet potato (cooked)
1/2 cup of unsweetened plain almond milk
salt and pepper ( you can add onion and garlic powder as well if you like)
1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
Mix all ingredients together in a food processor until creamy and pour over your favorite pasta!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Skillet Recipe: 1 1/2 cup of almond flour 1 tsp of baking soda 1 tsp of baking powder 1 tsp of cinnamon 4 mashed bananas 1 tbsp of vanilla 2 eggs 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil 1/2 cup of dairy […]
These paleo doughnuts are so tasty!! I added some carob chips and drizzled them with creamy cashew butter. Hope you enjoy!
Paleo Doughnuts Recipe:
1 box of Simple Mills Vanilla cake mix
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of water
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup of carob chips
Pour onto a greased doughnut mold and bake at 350 for 25 min.