First blog post! Hooray! I feel like it’s the first day of school as I write this. Anywho, summer is approaching and that means BBQ’s, outdoor brunchin, and longer sunnier nights. So, I wanted to have my first post solidify the beginnings of summer by whipping up some smoothie ice pops!
Popsicles were always my favorite. I remember my brother and I diving into the freezer to eat fudge pops on those hot summer days. :Sigh: Still love fudge..BUT I wanted to make these popsicles healthier by replacing sugary additives with fresh fruit and incorporating chia, some pea protein, and kefir (which is a great probiotic).
Now for the fun part. Just so you know, these obviously take a bit of time before you can eat them since they need to freeze. I let them freeze overnight and they were perfect the next day! I use BPA-free popsicle molds called “Mamasicles” found on Amazon.com. Below is the recipe. Hope everyone enjoys this summer treat!
Fresh Smoothie Ice Pops Recipe
(This makes about 6 ice pops)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup of blueberries ( I always go extra on the bluebs because they’re my fav!)
- 1 scoop of vanilla pea protein powder ( any other vanilla flavored protein powder can work too)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of dairy free or lactose free kefir
Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. Pour some warm water over the mold to defrost and then enjoy!