These delectable bites are a great and healthy treat without the guilt! Hey guys! I wanted to feature a recipe from Dr. Axe that recently caught my attention. Dr. Axe is a very well known Chiropractor and Nutritionist. He has written books such as “Eat […]
Month: July 2016
These kabobs are a perfect addition to any summertime feast. They can be grilled or baked in the oven and enjoyed with a fresh avocado sauce that also adds a little kick!
Fourth of July is here! It’s time for BBQ’s, nighttime trips to get ice cream cones, and major shopping sales (hehe). These kabobs are a perfect addition to any BBQ. However, if you are grill-less this year like me, then these are also great when baked in the oven. Just make sure you add enough coconut oil or olive oil over the meatballs so they stay nice and juicy while cooking.
My birthday was on Friday and I literally treated myself to everything sweet, carb-loaded, and even fried! We spent the day enjoying the sun and pretty much eating all day. It was magical- but now its time to get back on track! And with the holiday approaching a few days after, I figured I would make a classic Fourth of July meal but with a healthier spin on it. Baked turkey meatballs that are made with antibiotic free organic ground turkey meat and some veggies are a great way to still enjoy this holiday without ruining your paleo routine.
I try my best to really make my food colorful. It always helps when food looks as good as it tastes. I added peppers and onions to my kabobs, but you can certainly add as many veggies as you would like! Zucchini, brussels, tomatoes, and the list can go on.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July!
Turkey Meatball Kabobs With Spicy Avocado Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Organic and antibiotic free ground turkey meat
- 1/2 cup of gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 T of garlic
- 2 T of olive oil
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of salt and pepper
- 5-6 pearl onions
- 2 red peppers
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 T of cayenne
- Combine the turkey meat, bread crumbs, garlic, olive oil, paprika, parsley and salt and pepper and roll them into about 1/2 inch meatballs on a greased pan or on parchment paper. Bake on 425 degrees for 20-25min.
- Combine avocado, yogurt, and cayenne into a blender- if it’s too thick you can add some water to make it more creamy.
- Cut and peel onions and peppers and place on a pan lined with parchment paper and roast in oven at 425 degrees for about 35min.
- once everything is cooked, add them to wooded skewers and enjoy!