I’ve recently become intrigued by collagen and am now using it as one of my health rituals. Collagen is protein found in connective tissue which transforms into gelatin when boiled.
Some health benefits of collagen include:
- Healthy skin and nails
- Helps heal leaky gut by soothing your gut’s lining with its powerful amino acids
- Helps with joint pain
- Helps increase muscle mass
I’ve been really liking Vital Protein’s collagen powder since it can be dissolved in anything and there is no taste. I was able to sneak them into my paleo sugar cookies and I hope you like the recipe!
Collagen ‘Sugar’ Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of collagen powder
- 1 tbsp of vanilla bean powder
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 2-3 tbsp of organic vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
Preparation: Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix wet and dry ingredients together in separate bowls and scoop out onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes and cool for about 10 minutes.