Anybody that knows me, knows I LOVE cinnamon! I put that sh*t on everythanggg. But for real. I do haha. Cinnamon has some great health benefits too and is a great option for pre-diabetics and diabetics. Some health benefits of cinnamon are:
- Cinnamon is a very strong antioxidant. It is even considered a “superfood” and is in the same healing realm of garlic and oregano.
- Helps balance blood sugar by reducing insulin resistance and helping insulin do its thing. This is especially great for people with diabetes. Sprinkle some cinnamon in your coffee, tea, on top of peanut butter toast, whatever tickles your fancy. Its better than white sugar and you’ll be able to reap all the health benefits while still enjoying your relish treats.
- Cinnamon is a great anti-inflammatory helping to fight against disease and skin issues.
- Helps our brain, yo. Seriously, cinnamon helps prevent a protein called Tau which is a protein that builds up in a brain with people who suffer from Parkinson’s and Alzheimers disease.
- Cinnamon can protect our hearts <3 Cinnamon helps reduce triglyceride and LDL cholesterol levels.