Month: August 2018
I love working with carob as a break from chocolate chips sometimes. It’s actually from a plant in the pea family and tastes just as sweet as chocolate! It’s popular in Hebrew and Arabic traditions. Hope ya’ll enjoy!
YES! Finally, I get to mix two of my favorite things! Sweet potatoes and muffins! Genius! I know right? Go me. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I loved creating it. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 large sweet potato (cooked)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- squeeze of lime
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Step 1 First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 Next, start by mashing your sweet potato and adding it to the mixer bowl.
- Step 3 Then, add in eggs, sugar, coconut oil, lime and blend until smooth.
- Step 4 Add in flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Step 5 Pour into a greased muffin tin. I topped mine with little bits of rolled oats, totally optional.
- Step 6 Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!!
Hey guys! So I know there was a black bean brownie craze a few years back. Is it just me or does anyone remember when Hayley Duff made that black bean cake on her cooking show and everyone’s jaws dropped? Okay, maybe that was just me. […]
I’ve been on such a salsa kick lately. Pretty low in calories, super flavorful, and you can get so creative when making it! I mixed a bunch of different ingredients in this salsa recipe including NUCO garlic flavored coconut oil..yes, I said garlic flavored. It adds […]
Hey guys! I’ve teamed up with NUCO and want to present you a sweet take on a quesadilla! NUCO has amazing wraps, oils, cereals and more! They are all organic, Non-GMO, paleo and autoimmune friendly! I mean, what more can you ask for?! What’s even better is that you can get 20% off your next order using code ALLIE20. Enjoy!
Almond Butter and Banana ''Quesadilla''
- 2 NUCO Cinnamon Wraps
- 1 banana
- 1-2 tbsp of almond butter
- 3 tbsp of melted 100% chocolate chips or regular regular chips
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Step 1 First, heat up the NUCO wraps in the oven until slightly warm.
- Step 2 While that is heating up, start melting your chocolate. Place chocolate in a pot under low heat and keep stirring until melted. Make sure to take chocolate off the heat once melted so it doesnt burn.
- Step 3 Start making your quesadilla! Spread almond butter, top with banana or any other fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Step 4 Place the second wrap on top and cut into triangles.
- Step 5 Drizzle melted chocolate on top and enjoy!