I love working with carob as a break from chocolate chips sometimes. It’s actually from a plant in the pea family and tastes just as sweet as chocolate! It’s popular in Hebrew and Arabic traditions.
Hope ya’ll enjoy!
Peanut Butter Sea Salt Carob Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of carob chips
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt and some to sprinkle on top as well
- Step 1 First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 Next, add the eggs, sugar, oil, and peanut butter to your mixer and mix until smooth.
- Step 3 Then, add in baking powder and mix.
- Step 4 Add in flour, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Step 5 Fold in carob chips
- Step 6 Place on a cookie sheet or greased pan (about 2in thick circles of cookie dough) Sprinkle sea salt on top of each
- Step 7 Bake for 18 minutes