Recipe for Healthy Chicken Teriyaki:
1.5 pound of chicken breast (I use the breast that are already sliced in strips. My favorite brand is called “Coleman” and it is organic.
1/2 cup of Coconut Aminos (you can buy this here) – Coconut Aminos is WAY healthier than using teriyaki or soy sauce. It doesn’t have any of the added processed ingredients like Msg and crazy amounts of salt!
1 tbsp of coconut oil
sliced green onion
1 cup of quinoa
- Start by adding in coconut oil to a HOT pan (I use a dutch oven)
- Add in chicken to your pan and mix your chicken around until both sides turn white (about 30sec-1min)
- Add in coconut
aminosand let it simmer on high heat. This usually takes about 5-8 minutes depending on how high your heat is and how much chicken you make. The coconut aminosshould be simmering and slowly diminishing down to a small amount of liquid than when you first put it in your pan.
- Turn your heat down to a lower temperature and the coconut
aminosshould be slowly turning into a thick texture.
- Keep cooking until chicken is fully cooked and the coconut amino liquid is diminished down to a thick texture on the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, cook your quinoa. I cooked about 1 cup of quinoa in boiling water.
- Place your chicken over the quinoa and add your sesame seeds, green onion, and whatever other seasonings or vegetables you’d like!