Hello! This simple recipe is my go-to for meal prepping snacks for work. Speaking of work, I started my new job this week! I am currently the nutritionist for the 8 Weeks to Wellness program! Super excited. I am adjusting to my new schedule and realizing how important meal prepping is on Sundays now.
Few tips for meal prepping:
- besides cooking meat dishes, veggies, etc – try to prepare snacks that can last at least 4-5 days. Examples: hard boiled eggs, granola, nuts, seeds, apples, and hummus
- make time on Sundays to prep! I know it can be a pain but you will thank yourself during your hectic week knowing that you have lunch and dinner in the fridge ready to eat!
- invest in BPA free food containers in different sizes. This will help your food stay fresh and you don’t have to wrap everything in harmful plastic or foil.
This grainless granola is so simple and quick to make and smells delicious too! You can top this over oatmeal, yogurt, ice cream, or eat plain with some almond milk! ( I might just be doing that right now). Hehe.
Enjoy your week and happy meal prepping!
Grainless Granola Recipe
- 1 cup of almond, cashews, or your choice of nuts. You can mix all of them together.
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 T of almond butter- you can substitute with other nut butters
- 1 T of pink himalayan salt
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat up the coconut oil, almond butter, and raw honey until melted.
3. Begin to chop the nuts and put them in a bowl.
4. Pour the hot liquid mixture over nuts and add the salt and mix.
5. Set up a pan with parchment paper and pour granola mixture over the pan.
6. Bake for about 25-30min