Month: August 2018
I love working with carob as a break from chocolate chips sometimes. It’s actually from a plant in the pea family and tastes just as sweet as chocolate! It’s popular in Hebrew and Arabic traditions. Hope ya’ll enjoy!
YES! Finally, I get to mix two of my favorite things! Sweet potatoes and muffins! Genius! I know right? Go me. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I loved creating it. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 large sweet potato (cooked)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- squeeze of lime
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Step 1 First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 Next, start by mashing your sweet potato and adding it to the mixer bowl.
- Step 3 Then, add in eggs, sugar, coconut oil, lime and blend until smooth.
- Step 4 Add in flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Step 5 Pour into a greased muffin tin. I topped mine with little bits of rolled oats, totally optional.
- Step 6 Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!!
Hey guys! So I know there was a black bean brownie craze a few years back. Is it just me or does anyone remember when Hayley Duff made that black bean cake on her cooking show and everyone’s jaws dropped? Okay, maybe that was just me. […]
I’ve been on such a salsa kick lately. Pretty low in calories, super flavorful, and you can get so creative when making it! I mixed a bunch of different ingredients in this salsa recipe including NUCO garlic flavored coconut oil..yes, I said garlic flavored. It adds […]
Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
- 4 peaches (I used big South Carolina peaches, not small ones)
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Half a stick of grass-fed butter
- 3 tbsp of dairy free coconut creamer
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of gluten free rolled oats
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375.
- Step 2 First cut your peaches into small pieces and place in a pan with a dab of your butter in the pan. Cook over low heat until the peaches begin to soften. Add in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Step 3 Next, in a bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar.
- Step 4 Then, cut the rest of your butter into small pieces and add that to the flour mixture.
- Step 5 Using your hands (or a mixer) mix the flour and butter mixture together until it is crumbly or just in pieces and then add in creamer.
- Step 6 Set up your greased ramekins and start to fill them with the warm peaches mixture. I usually add a thin layer of the butter and flour mixture to the bottom first, then peaches, then top it with the flour and butter mixture again.
- Step 7 Bake for 40 minutes , let cool, and enjoy!